top of page

We're Moving! | Honey Bee Stamps

Hi there!


Today I’m sharing the steps I followed to mass-produce our "we're moving" notification cards I created that I’ll be sending out to our friends and family.  All the dies used to create this card front were from a Honey Bee Stamps die set called “Lovely Layers: Front Porch”.




 

  • Using die P1, use extra pressure (to capture the die’s embossing) to cut this layer from grey cardstock.  I lightly dragged the Altenew Crisp Dye Ink “Silver Lake” across the raised areas of the die cut to add dimension.

  • Using dies P2, P4, P5, and P6, use extra pressure (to capture the die’s embossing) to cut this layer from a dark brown cardstock.  After cutting, I used a Waffle Flower Shader 1 brush to apply Simon Says Stamp’s Charcoal Pawsitively Saturated Ink to the edges of the die cuts.

  • I cut die P3 from the same grey cardstock as I did for P1.  Then I glued die cuts P1 through P6 together with Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium.  Before moving on to the doorway dies I did decide to use the Charcoal ink pad and edge the roofing just for a little interest.

  • For die D1, I used some lighter weight white cardstock since it will be more of a base layer for the door elements.  Then I blended some Simon Says Stamp “Sunbeam” ink into the window areas that will show through a couple of the following die cuts.

  • I had to cut die D2 twice, once from Spellbinder’s “Phone Booth” red cardstock since I wanted a red door.  Then I cut D2 again and added die L2 out of Gina K. Designs “Onyx Black” cardstock to create the frame for the windows and lamps.  Half of the lamp die had to be cut one more time to get a white background for the light panes to be yellow (Simon Says Stamp “Sunbeam” ink.  Then I ink blended the door edges with Simon Says Stamp’s “Cherry” ink prior to gluing all the D2 pieces together.

  • Die D3 was cut from Bristol Smooth, white cardstock since I wanted a heftier look for the pieces that separate the side windows from the door.  I glued all the door pieces to the door base with Distress Collage Medium.  And glued to both sides of the door.

  • To make the decorative shrubs, I cut die T1 from dark brown cardstock, die T2 from Spellbinder’s “Fern” cardstock and accented it with a Copic G28 marker, and the planter base die was cut from a lighter shade of brown cardstock that I just had in my stash and ink blended the edges with Simon Says Stamp’s “Mocha” ink.  Then I glued all the shrub pieces together and glued them to both sides of the door.

  • For the card front background, I ink blended directly onto the card base itself (A2 side folding).  I used the My Favorite Things “Mini Cloud Edges” stencil and Altenew Polar Bear ink to blend the cloud design for the sky.  Then I used Lawn Fawn’s “Slimline Hillside Stencil” and Altenew’s “Grass Field” ink to blend the grass line.

  • Lastly, I glued the completed front porch die cuts to the card base and that completes the card!

 

Thank you for checking out my blog… until next time, happy making!

13 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page